January 20, 2006

That was a close one

Phew! Almost got stuck. I keep hearing people tell the true story about the mountaineer who was climbing in a canyon and a rock fell on his arm. After a long wait for help he decided no one was coming and chopped his own arm off. Well, the switch to turn off my hot water (needed because I'm going away) is in the boiler cupboard. Only the kitchen door also happens to be in the boiler cupboard (it was removed to allow me unfettered access to the fridge). To reach the switch you have to slide your hand in towards the top of the door and bring it down until you can feel the switch. Anyway, there was a bit of a panicky moment when the door moved and I thought I was going to get my hand trapped and I was going to have to cut it off after a long and ultimately fruitless wait for help. But it was okay.

No comments: